Every contact that you have on HubSpot needs to be on a list. The reason behind this is to make sure that you are giving them what is appropriate. You may have emails designated for people who have abandoned your cart or a welcome for your new subscribers. When you place the contact on a list, you are grouping them according to your custom property.
Please be advised that you can only add contacts to a static list and not from an active list. Contacts also can’t be manually added or deleted from an active list because they dynamically update based on the list criteria. Once you have your list completed, you can then turn that static list to an active one, but that goes for another tutorial. For now, we will walk you through on how to add a contact to a static list.
Add a Contact to a Static List
1. Login to your HubSpot account first. That’s http://www.hubspot.com.
2. Click the Contacts tab on top and select Contacts on the drop-down.
3. On the contact list, select the contact that you wish to add to the list. Click the name.
4. You should reach the Contact Profile. Scroll down until you will reach the List Membership section located on the left side.
As you can see that it is indicated that this contact is a member of 2 lists already.
5. Click the Manage list memberships button.
You should see the name of the list on where this contact is associated.
6. Click the Add to List button located on the top right.
7. A pop-up will appear and look for the static list on where you will be adding the contact then click the Add button after.
You should see a green prompt on top and you can also see that the new list is already listed. You can also verify that the list has been added by going to the list itself.
So that’s it! That is how you Add a Contact to a Static List on HubSpot.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://sellerschoice.agency/blog/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.