Integrating your e-commerce store to a social media platform is the new norm. But Pinterest took it to another level. Pinterest works with every aspect of your online Shopify store, meaning that all products that are pinned from your Shopify store become buyable pins. You don’t have to make the links yourself or wonder whether or not Pinterest is having an effect on your margins.
Adding a “Pin it” hover button to your images is a great way to encourage your readers to share your store via Pinterest. When the Pinterest button is clicked, it will allow the visitor to easily pin your image straight to Pinterest.
Now let us walk you through on how to do it.
Add a Pinterest Button on Shopify
This is the product detail page. You can browse through the pictures of this product. As you can see, there is no pin button yet.
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Log in to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Click the Online Store section on the left side to access your online store themes page.
3. Click the Actions drop-down and select Edit Code.
4. Look for the “theme.liquid” under the Layout and click it. You can also search for it in the search field.
What we need to do is to install this code. (Just copy and paste it)
<script async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>
5. Look for the closing head tag. It should look like this </head> - What we need to do is to paste the code just on top of the closing head tag.
Press enter to create a space and paste the code here.
6. Once you have added the code, click the Save button on the upper right to save your changes. You should see an “Asset Save” prompt at the bottom.
Now let us go back to the product page. Let us refresh the page and you should see the Pin button on all of your product images.
Once you click the Pin button, it will add the image to your board.
So every time you will access this pin on your board, you will be directed to the product detail page.
So that’s it! That is how you add a Pinterest button on Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.