How to Convert your Fixed Price Listing to an Auction on eBay
eBay is probably known for its auction listings, with sellers listing an item that starts at a base price and requiring potential buyers to bid on it in certain increments — along with the option to select ‘Buy It Now’ to avoid a bidding war and purchase it immediately.
If you have products sitting around and not performing, for whatever reason, or just aren’t moving as well or quickly as you’d like. Putting them up for auction can be a fantastic way of selling them and building up exposure to your store.
Now let’s walk you through on how to convert your fixed price listing to an auction.
Convert your Fixed Price Listing to an Auction
1. Log in to your eBay Sellerhub account at www.ebay.com/sellerhub.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Listing Tab and select Active on the drop-down.
3. On your Active Listings, look for the product that you wanted to convert to an auction and click the drop-down icon on the Actions column then select Change to Auction Style.
Since we are changing the type of listing from Fixed Price to auction, the quantity that will be shown to your bidders is reduced to one. A typical error that’s going to pop-up is that you need to indicate a buy-it-now price.
4. Look for the buy-it-now price on the columns and indicate the price.
5. eBay will validate the listing and you need to make sure that there are no errors. Once the red prompt is gone, you can click the Submit All button at the bottom-left.
6. A pop-up will show up. Review your listing and the associated fees with it. If you’re okay with it, then click the Confirm and Submit button.
You should see a confirmation that your listing is now changed to an auction type. Please be advised that the fees are estimates only. It may vary to some special offer or the time of listing.
When you go back to your active listings, you should see that the format is now changed to auction-style.
So there you have it. That’s how you convert your fixed price listing to an auction.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.