How to Create Automatic Discount For All Your Products on Shopify
Automatic Discount is a promotion on Shopify that allows store owners to give discounts automatically at checkout and on the cart without using any discount codes. For an automatic discount to apply correctly, your customers need to add all eligible items to their carts before they move to check out. This includes the items that they need to buy to qualify for the discount as well as the items that they get as part of the promotion.
Please be advised that you can have only one active automatic discount at any given time. Automatic discounts take precedence over discount codes, and customers can’t apply multiple discounts to a single order. Discount codes are unavailable for customers who have an automatic discount applied to their checkout.
Create Automatic Discount
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Log in to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the Discount section on the left side. Instead of codes, click Automaticto be directed to the Automatic Discount page.
3. Click the blue Create Automatic Discount button to start creating your automatic discount.
4. Name your Automatic Discount Title. Your customer will see this in their carts or at checkout.
5. Select the type of discount that you want to give to your customer. For this example, I want to give them a percentage discount.
6. Enter the discount value and choose where you want this to be applied. Let us apply a 20% discount to the entire order so that it can be applied to all of your products.
7. Set up the minimum requirements. You can either set a minimum purchase amount or set a minimum quantity of items. Let’s set a minimum quantity item of 2.
8. Lastly is the Active Dates. Set the start and end date of your automatic discount. Let’s set this discount to be active on the 30th of May.
9. Review the automatic discount summary and once everything is final,
click the Save button on top, or the Save Discount button at the bottom.
You should see a pop-up notice at the bottom saying that you have created an automatic discount. You will also see a green callout confirmation that you have successfully created your automatic discount.
When your discount is active, as long as your customer meets the purchase requirements, the discount will always be applied at checkout.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.