Discounts are everywhere but it never gets old. This is still one of the best methods to use in attracting customers to purchase your product. Do you know that having to pay extra shipping and handling fees is one of the main reasons why customers will abandon their shopping carts? You can encourage your customers to complete their purchases by offering free shipping code.
It is a good thing that you can actually offer coupons for free shipping for your products on Shopify. Free shipping discounts will never automatically apply to an order. Your customers need to enter the code during checkout to receive the discount.
Create a Free Shipping Discount
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Login to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the Discounts Section on the left to access all the discount list.
3. Click the Create Discount button located on the upper right of the page to start creating your free shipping discount code.
4. Generate your Discount Code. This is the code that the customer will enter upon check out.
5. Specify the Discount Type. Select Free Shipping on the drop-down.
6. Specify the country on where you wanted the free shipping discount to apply. For this example, I just want this to be available to ship nationally. So I need to specify the United States. It is also optional if you wanted to Exclude shipping rate when it exceeds a certain amount. Just check the checkbox below and specify the amount.
The Summary on the left will be updated every time we make changes on this discount code. These are the rules and restrictions for your code.
7. Setup the Minimum Requirement. It is up to you if you wanted to set up a purchase amount or a minimum quantity of items purchased before they can use this discount. You can also select none for it to be applied to remove the restrictions.
8. In the Customer eligibility section, select whom this discount will apply to Everyone, Specific groups of customers, or Specific customers.
9. Usage Limits is unlimited by default. If you want to limit discount usage, then check one of the options in the Usage limits section. On this example, I want to set it up to be just a total of 10 coupons in total and can be used only once per customer.
10. Setup the Active Dates of your free shipping coupon. Setup the start date and end date of this discount coupon. If you don’t choose an end date for your discount, then it will have no expiry.
11. When you are finished, click Save discount.
It will then give you a green callout saying that the discount code is ready. You can distribute this discount, you can send the code to your customers by email, sharing on social media, or displaying it on your online store.
Just click the Get Sharable Link button and copy the link. It is up to you
So that’s it. That is how you create a free shipping discount code on Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.