Free shipping is a marketing technique that removes the stated cost of shipping charges for qualifying purchases. Free shipping can increase sales. Not only does it lead to a reduction in cart abandonment, but it also leads to increased numbers of sales.
Free shipping also leads to increased average revenue per user. There is one free shipping strategy that revolves around offering free shipping on orders over a certain amount. This often leads to shoppers adding things to their cart to get it over that limit and get the free shipping.
Now you get why offering a free shipping promotion is advantageous. Let’s walk you through on how to create a free shipping promotion on eBay.
Create a Free Shipping Promotion
1. Log in to your eBay Sellerhub account at www.ebay.com/sellerhub.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Marketing Tab and select Promotions on the drop-down.
3. Click the Create Promotions button on the right side and select the Shipping Discount on the drop-down.
4. The first thing that we need to do is to set your condition in order for them to be qualified for free shipping.
- Set the type of offer. It can be a minimum order, minimum quantity purchased or you can just offer a flat rate shipping for all of your products.
- If you selected the Minimum Order, you need to specify the minimum amount that your customer needs to purchase before they can avail of the promotion.
- Specify which type of shipping method is for the promotion.
- You will also see that the promotion preview below is updated with the conditions that you set.
- For Minimum Quantity, you need to specify the minimum purchase quantity before your customer can avail of the promotion.
5. The next thing to do is to choose the qualifying items for your offer.
- You can create an inclusion rule or an exclusion rule.
- You should be able to play with the options. For this example, we will select the whole store inventory and a price range of $50.00 to $100.00 and the item condition must be new.
Just a recap, they can avail of the free shipping promotion if the purchase 3 items for all of my products ranging from $50.00 to $100.00. That’s a minimum purchase of $150 on before they can avail of free shipping.
6. Enter the description of the items that are eligible for your offer.
7. Schedule your offer.
- Enter your offer title.
- Set the start and end date of your offer.
8. Add a picture to improve the promotion of your offer. You can either upload an image, select an image on your product or you can let eBay select the image for you from your selected inventory. If you upload an image, just make sure that the image should be of high quality and have a transparent or white background.
9. Next is to specify your offer priority. If you have multiple offers, offers are displayed on the page based on priority.
10. Once you are all set, just click the submit button.
After your promotion takes effect, when you go to your product page, you should see the free shipping promotion in the shipping section. So there you have it! That is how you create a free shipping promotion on eBay.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.