As your business grows, so too will your email list. A list in Klaviyo is a collection of people’s email addresses grouped under an identifiable label; you can add people to a list manually, or people can join a list themselves by subscribing through a form.
Lists are used for growing an audience that you can then keep in touch with through automated flows and campaigns. When you set the right label to your list, you can make sure you’re not sending to people who aren’t interested or don’t want to receive your emails, since this will increase the chances of these people unsubscribing.
Now let us walk you through on how to create a list.
Create a List
1. Login to your Klaviyo account at www.klaviyo.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the List & Segment section on the left side. This is where you should see all of the lists and segments that you have created previously.
3. To get started, click the Create List / Segment button.
4. Choose List among the options.
5. Name your List and add a tag. If you don’t see the appropriate tag, then just type in the tag and click the Create New Tag option. Then make sure to put a check on the new tag.
6. Then, click the Create List button.
You now have created an empty list. There are 3 ways you can add a subscriber to your list. You can create a Signup Form, Add a Subscriber Page or Upload a Contact.
- When you create a Signup Form, you will select a list on where you will be adding the conact. For more information, you can always click this notification on top or you can check the description for the tutorial.
- You can also create a subscriber page. With this, you can generate a URL and use link it to your social ads or post.
- The last option and the easiest one is to upload or import contacts. Just select that option or you can also click the Manage List button located at the top-right and select import contacts. Just make sure that you have an email address specified in your CSV file. We also have a tutorial on how to prepare your CSV file for upload in Klaviyo. You can click the notification or you can check the link in the description.
After creation, your list should show up on the List & Segment section. Segments, unlike lists, will automatically curate from all people in your account based on the conditions you establish. If you want to know more in creating a segment, you can always check the link in the description.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.