How to Create a MailChimp Form on your WordPress Site
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach and engage your audience. This presents a great opportunity for businesses of all sizes to reach their target market, no matter what their audience looks like. By adding email marketing to their lists, businesses can improve their reach and visibility, allowing them to engage and convert more leads on a consistent basis.
Also, another reason why this kind of marketing is important for any business and should not be ignored and forgotten is that it is very inexpensive. You can incorporate it into any kind of marketing plan that your business might have, without having any additional costs.
Now the first step of email marketing is growing your list and we will show you how to use MailChimp forms to your WordPress site.
Create a MailChimp Form on your WordPress Site
If you haven’t integrated your MailChimp account to your WordPress yet then you better do it first. Just click this tutorial link.
1. Access the admin dashboard of your WordPress site. It should be like http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php
2. Once you’re in, click the MailChimp for WP section on the left and select Forms.
This is the form builder. This is where you will be editing the form that will be placed on your site.
These are the fields that you can add to your form. This is also the Form Code on the left and the Form Preview on the right. As you see we only have the email address and the Sign-up button on the Form Preview. On the Form Code, we also have the Email Address field and the Sign-up button. We will add an additional field which is the first and the last name.
3. The first thing that you need to do is to click the placement of your form on the Form Code area. I want it to be below the email address so I will be clicking the space after the closing paragraph tag.
4. On the list of fields, click the First Name and specify the details on the pop-up. You can also have this field required or not. Click the Add to Form button to add the field on your form. Do the same thing with the Last Name.
5. Once everything is all set, scroll down to the bottom and click the Save Changes button right below the form code area.
You Should see a success notice on top that means that the form is already generated.
6. What you need to do next is to copy the Shortcode. You can copy the one at the bottom or, the one on top. They are both the same.
7. So let’s visit our site and add a new post. I am using the Twenty Sixteen theme by WordPress. This is a good theme to start with because it works perfectly for blogs and websites.
8. Just add a title of your post then paste the Shortcode on the content.
9. Click the Publish button twice to publish your post.
There you have it. That is your form right there.
You can signup for a newsletter to check if it is working. You should see the notice at the bottom saying that the request was a success and they need to verify it on to their email.
This is what the email should look like.
Tthey just need to verify that they are human then they are all set.
After they have confirmed the subscription, you should see their name added on your list.
So here is the email address that we used in signing up and the source is thru API. The data that it was added was also today. So that’s it, that is how you create a MailChimp form on WordPress.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.