How to Create a New Email Subscription Type on HubSpot
Subscription types are designed to accurately capture your contacts’ email subscription preferences. Rather than relying solely on opt-out functionality, email subscription types capture three states to more clearly represent a contact’s consent to communicate with your business.
For each subscription type, contacts may have Opted in, Not Opted In or Out (default) or have Opted out. Unless a contact explicitly requests to opt into a specific subscription type, they’ll be added to your account with a Not Opted In or Out status. Subscription types can be assigned manually to individual contacts, in bulk from the contacts dashboard, or via API.
Create a New Email Subscription Type
1. Login to your HubSpot account first. That’s http://www.hubspot.com
2. Click the Settings Cog at the top right to access HubSpot settings.
3. Click the Marketing drop-down and select Email on the drop-down.
4. Click the Subscription Types tab on the email page.
5. You should see the list of subscription types available. Click the orange Create Subscription Type button to create one.
6. Name your subscription. This can be any name that you want.
7. Enter a brief description of how this subscription type will be used.
8. Check the Active check box if you want to launch the subscription type right away or Uncheck it if you want it on standby.
8. As you can see, that the Preview field will auto-populate with the Subscription Name and the Description. It is up to you if you wanted to change this, but this is the text that your customers see on the communication preferences page.
9. Lastly, click the orange Finish button below to create a new email subscription type.
You should see the new subscription type on top. If you wanted to make this active, hover your mouse to the subscription type and click the edit button. The same window will pop-up. Check the Active button and click the finish button to make it active.
So that’s it! That is how you Create a New Email Subscription Type on HubSpot.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://sellerschoice.agency/blog/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.