Promotions help in creating brand awareness. It also helps in increasing customer traffic. The more you promote your brand, the more will the customers know about you and your company and the more will they be interested in your products.
With eBay, you can promote your brand by offering an order discount to your customers. Your customers will enjoy a percentage or a fixed price discount for the purchase that they made. With this promotion, you can require your customers to meet the amount threshold before they will be eligible for the offer. A win-win situation for both of you.
Now let’s show you how to do it.
Create an Order Discount Promotion
1. Log in to your eBay Sellerhub account at www.ebay.com/sellerhub.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Marketing Tab and select Promotions on the drop-down.
3. Click the Create Promotions button on the right side and select Order Discount on the drop-down.
4. The first thing that we need to do is to select the offer type.
- Choose a category and your objective.
- Choose among the 3 options. Spend, Quantity or No Minimum Purchase.
- For Minimum Spend, specify the discount and the minimum amount purchase.
- If you choose the quantity, then choose the discount amount and specify the minimum item purchased.
- When you choose minimum purchase, you remove all qualifiers and just apply a discount to all of the qualified products.
- Each objective has different recommended offer types.
- If you don’t like eBay’s offer type then you can click the See All Offer Types button and select the appropriate offer from there.
- Once you’re all set, just click the Select Items button located on the bottom right.
5. Next is to select the items that are eligible for the promotion. The Select Items option is pretty basic. This is where you will be choosing the items on your inventory. Let’s create a rule this time.
- Choose the category of the eligible items.
- Specify the price range that is eligible for this promotion
- You can add a filter by specifying the item conditions eligible for the promotion.
- You can also exclude items by IDs.
- So the items listed below are the items that qualifying items that matched the rule that you just set.
- To continue, just click the Save and Review button on the bottom right.
6. Next is to review your offer.
- Indicate your offer name. This is for internal use. So use a title that you can easily remember.
- Make sure that the offer type is correct and it is up to you if you wanted to add a new rule.
- Specify the active dates of your promotion.
7. Next is the Offer Banner.
- Enter the offer description. Just a brief description of the products in your offer.
- Select your offer image.
- You should see a preview of your offer tile below.
8. Click the Preview button below to view your offer banner on eBay’s search results.
9. Now if everything is all set, just click the Launch button on the bottom right.
If you wanted your offer to start immediately, it may take 2 hours for it to appear on eBay. So that’s it! You now have your Order Discount Promotion Active.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.