Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting (known as ‘pinning’) images or videos to their own or others’ boards (i.e. a collection of ‘pins,’ usually with a common theme) and browsing what other users have pinned. Using a visual orientation, the social network is very much focused on the concept of a person’s lifestyle, allowing you to share your tastes and interests with others and discovering those of like-minded people.
The social network’s goal is to “connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting.” Users can either upload images from their computer or pin things they find on the web using the Pinterest bookmarklet. So these are the reasons why e-commerce sellers find Pinterest a good platform to market their product.
Now let us teach you one of the basics on Pinterest. Creating a Pin.
Create a Pin on Pinterest
1. The first thing that you need to do is to access your Pinterest account. You can visit the usual website which is http://www.pinterest.com or you can also login to your business account at ads.pinterest.com.
When you logged in to your business account, you should immediately see the performance of your pins.
2. Click the Red Plus button located on the top-right and click the Create Pin on the drop-down.
3. The next page is where you are going to add items to your pin. You can also Publish this immediately or Publish on a later date.
4. Drag and drop the images that you will be uploading. You can upload up to five images on this pin. Even if you drag 10 images, only the first 5 images will show up.
5. Add your Title. If you are uploading a product, then this is where you should place your product title.
6. Tell everyone what your Pin is all about. This is where you will be adding your product description. Please be advised that you are limited up to 500 characters so summarize your product description and use the most relevant and SEO rich keywords.
7. Next is to add the destination link. Anyone that clicks your pin, will be directed to the link that you will be specified here. So I recommend that you place the link to the product page.
8. Click the drop-down menu beside the publish button and select the board where you will be adding the pin. The board is like a folder which is a collection of photos on any topic you choose to pin about. You can also click the Create board if you haven’t created one yet.
9. Once everything is all set, click the red Publish button.
You should see a confirmation message indicating that your pin was saved to the board that you have selected. Click the See Now button to check on your pin. So you pin should look like this.
If someone clicks the image, Pinterest will open a new pop-up to the product page that we have set up earlier.
So that’s it. That is how you create a pin on Pinterest.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.