It’s no secret that shoppers love sales, coupons, rebates, seasonal pricing, and other related markdowns. Having a Markdown event will increase traffic to your store, offload unsold inventory, and attract a more price-conscious group of customers. With eBay, you can create a sale or markdown event and ride in with these retail-driven holidays such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Now let’s walk you through on how to do it.
Create a Sale Event and Markdown
1. Log in to your eBay Sellerhub account at www.ebay.com/sellerhub.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Marketing Tab and select Promotions on the drop-down.
3. Click the Create Promotions button on the right side and select Sale Event + Markdown on the drop-down.
4. The first thing that we need to do is to Choose your Discount. You can choose a percentage off, dollar off, you can also offer free shipping or you can also start a sale event only.
- If you choose the percentage discount, you can also add another discount level.
- Just choose the discount that you wish to apply.
- Each discount levels you have added, you will be able to select the items on where you would want to apply the discounts.
- You can add up to 10 levels of discounts in this sale event.
- Once you’re all set, just click the Select Items button to continue.
5. You can select the items or you can create rules using categories. For this example, we will be selecting the items.
- Select the items for the first discount.
- Then click the Confirm Selections button at the bottom right.
- Since we have added 3 discount levels, we will be selecting the items for the other discount level. Click the Save and Select for Next Discount button at the bottom and choose the next discount.
- So it should be the same thing, just choose the items for the second discount and so on.
- After you have selected the items, you should see that the number of selected items on each discount level.
- To continue, click the Save and Review button.
6. Enter your Sale Event Name.
7. Select the Active Dates for your Sale Event.
8. Enter your Sale Event Description and it’s up to you if you will be changing the sale event image. It will be reflected on the Preview.
9. Once you’re all set, just click the Launch button.
If you wanted your event to start immediately, then it may take 2 hours for it to take effect on eBay. So that’s it! That’s how you create a sale event or markdown on eBay.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.