It doesn’t matter if you run a small local shop or a big national company. Social media is an essential piece of your business marketing strategy. If people don’t know about your business, they can’t become your customers. Social media boosts your visibility among potential customers, letting you reach a wide audience by using a large amount of time and effort. And it’s free to create a business profile on all the major social networks, so you have nothing to lose.
One of the big social media platforms is twitter and they do cater business now. Business owners are frequently being advised to engage on Twitter. You’ve heard the great things Twitter can do for your business. How loyal fans are going to increase your visibility and put you miles ahead of the competition.
And here is an overview in creating a Twitter ad campaign.
Create a Twitter Ad Campaign
1. The first thing that you need to do is to sign in to Twitter. You can also go directly to business.twitter.com. You should see your little icon on the upper right if you are already signed in.
2. Click the Start a Campaign button to get started.
3. You will be taken to the ads.twitter.com page. This is where you will be building your ad. The first thing that you need to do is to Choose an Objective. For this example, we will choose Website Clicks or Conversions.
The description of your objective will be shown on the right side.
4. Let us Create your Campaign.
- Start by naming your campaign
- Set a daily and the total budget for your campaign.
- Set the Pacing. By default, it Standard is selected. This means that Twitter will show ads throughout the day and to spend the budget as efficiently as possible. Accelerated on the other hand is for time-constrained campaigns, like major sporting events. This will show ads as often as possible each day.
- Lastly, set your Start and End date. So whichever comes first. If the budget depletes or you reached the end date of your campaign.
- Once you’re all set, click the Next button to proceed.
5. Next is to Create your Ad Group.
- Name your ad group
- It’s optional if you want to set up a start and end date of this group.
- It is also optional if you wanted to set up a total budget otherwise the budget specified at the campaign level will be used.
- Set your Bid Type.
- Automatic Bid means that your bid will be optimized to maximize result at the lowest price.
- Target Cost means that you will be setting up a target cost per bid and your daily average cost will meet or beat the highest target you’ve set for the day.
- Maximum bid, on the other hand, is going to bid higher and it helps your ad display more often. You’ll never pay more than what you’ve bid, and you’ll usually pay less.
- Once you have filled out everything on this page, click Next.
6. Next is to target your audience. You can skip the “Your Audience” part and go directly to the demographics.
- Select the Gender and Age
- You can also filter your audience by their location, language, platform, device, carrier or OS versions. Let’s say my website is for an App that only supports Android Oreo, iOS 10 and above. So I need to choose the OS version. Because you wouldn’t want to spend your ads on people who don’t have the capability of downloading your software.
- You can also specify your audience features such as their interest, behaviors, conversation topic and more. Let’s say my app is for a Family Household Security, so this means that I need to select an audience that has a high technology level in the household.
- It is up to you if you wanted to retarget people who already have engaged your past tweets or if you wanted to expand your audience. You can also target those who are already following you.
- Once you are all set, click the Next button.
7. The next one is Creatives. This is where you will be selecting the tweet that will be used as an ad. If you haven’t tweeted it yet, then you better do it.
- Just put a check on the checkbox for the tweet that Twitter will be using for this ad campaign.
- Choose the ad placement on the right.
- Choose the category that best describes your ad
- Enter the domain name of the website used for this ad group
- Then Click Next
8. The last part is the Campaign Details. Double check your ad campaign. Make sure that you have everything in there. If you wanted to edit a detail, just click the edit button on the right side.
9. Click the Launch Campaign button once everything is final.
10. The last part is where you will be Adding your Funding Source for this ad. Just enter your credit card information and you are good to go.
Once you get past this, your campaign is all set. Please be advised that this is only an overview of how to create a campaign on Twitter. If you want to know the best strategies in targetting your customers, you can always visit the links in the description. You can learn a lot from us.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.