How To Edit the SEO Preview for your Product on Shopify
Wikipedia defined SEO or Search engine optimization as the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results. This is a practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
SEO plays a big role in generating sales for your online store. It is a place where you might want to invest a little more time into developing, as the rewards may be profitable. Since we are already on the Digital Age, we need to make sure that everything that is shown online is appealing, presentable and informative.
Since your product description and the SEO search results may vary, you can always personalize how your product would appear to the search results.
Edit the SEO Listing Preview
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Login to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the Products section on the left side to access all the products that you have listed.
3. Click on the Product Name to gain access to the product information page. This is basically where you can find and edit all of your product information, shipping method, price and etc. This is also where you can edit your product SEO listing preview.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and look for the Search Engine Listing Preview section and click the Edit Website SEO link on the right side.
There are areas on this section. The Preview area and the Editing area. Anything edits that you will be doing on the Editing area will reflect immediately on the Preview Area.
5. In the Page Title field, enter a descriptive title. This title is shown as a link in search engine results. You can enter up to 70 characters in the title.
6. Enter a description for the search engine listing on the Meta Description. Make sure to include relevant keywords to help new customers find your link, and to include your store name. Use natural, readable phrases, rather than lists of keywords. You can enter up to 320 characters in the description.
7. The URL and Handle is the link for your product.
8. Now that you already have finalized your search engine listing preview, click the Save button to confirm the changes.
A notice will appear at the bottom saying that a Product Was Successfully Saved. This confirms that the changes have been made.
So that’s it! That is how you Edit the SEO Listing Preview for your Product on Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.