How to Add Facebook Pixel to Shopify
For those of you who don’t know what Facebook Pixel is, it is a code that you place on your website. It helps you track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and re-market to qualified leads for people who have already taken some kind of action on your website. It works by placing and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and your Facebook ads.
If you have added the Facebook Pixel code to the pages of your store, then you need to remove any existing Facebook Pixel code before integrating. Let us make sure that there is no Pixel integration in your store.
To Remove Pixel on your existing website
1. Log into your account on Shopify. Visit http://www.shopify.com
2. On your Shopify Admin, and select Online Store located on the left side.
3. Under the Debut area, click the “Actions” drop-down and select “Edit Code”
4. On the Search Field, look for “theme.liquid” and select it
5. We will search for the Pixel Tag On the “Edit Code” field. Look for the code between the two Head Tags <head>
The Pixel Tag should look like number 2.
If you find you're Pixel Tag, just delete it and make sure to just delete number 2 and not number 3.
6. After you deleted the Tag, click the Save button at the Top Right to save your theme.liquid file.
Now that we don’t have the Facebook Pixel on our Shopify website, we can already add one. So let’s create our very own Facebook Pixel.
To Create Facebook Pixel
You need to have a Facebook Manager account first before you can create Facebook Pixel. If you don’t have one, you can check our tutorial on how to create a Facebook Business Manager account.
1. Sign in with your Facebook Business Manager Account
2. On the upper right corner, Click the “Business Manager” Menu
3. Under Measure and Report column, select Pixels under Events Manager
4. On the Facebook Pixel page, click “Create a Pixel” button
5. Indicate your Pixel Name, it can be any as long as you meet the guidelines indicated and click the “Next Button“.
Then a confirmation will show up on where it will ask you to integrate your Facebook Pixel to your website.
Integrate Facebook Pixel to Shopify
1. We will select “Use an integration or Tag Manager” since we will integrate this with Shopify.
2. Select Shopify on the Partners selection.
3. Copy your Pixel ID and click the “Shopify Admin Panel” link
You will then be asked to sign in to your Shopify account. You will then be taken to your “Online Store Preferences”
4. Scroll down and Look for the Facebook Pixel section and Paste your Pixel ID on the field given.
5. Then, click save to confirm the changes.
Now let us check Facebook Pixel is working on your Shopify Website.
Verify Facebook Pixel is working
1. Go to your Business Manager and in the upper right corner, Click the “Business Manager” Menu
2. Under Measure and Report column, select Pixels under Events Manager
3. If you see an activity or reports shown on your Facebook Pixels, then it is already working.
Take note that if you just installed your Facebook Pixel, give it around a 20-30mins for it to track the reports. It may also mean that there is no traffic on your website yet. So, just give it time. If you have waited a day and there is still no events recorded, then review my tutorial and check if you missed something.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.