Your Pinterest tracking tag is used to link conversion data with your Pinterest account. It is also used to measure the results or the performance of your ads. After having your Pinterest tag, you can track actions people take on your website after viewing your Promoted Pins. You will also have the Pinterest tag on where you can place it on your website to gather audience insights and measure your return on ad spend (RoAS).
When you add the Pinterest tag to your website, you can learn which ads lead to more conversions and how people engage with your website. You can also use your Pinterest Tag ID to set up your Pinterest tracking on Shopify.
Now let us walk you through on how to generate one.
Generate a Pinterest Tracking Tag
1. The first thing that you need to do is to access your Pinterest business account. Go to ads.pinterest.com.
2. Login using your email address. You can also continue using your Facebook or your Google account. Just click the corresponding button.
3. If you haven’t created one yet, you can see the white Get Pinterest tag button on your right. If you don’t see that, click Ads located at the top-left and select Conversions on the drop-down.
4. On the conversions page, click the red Create Pinterest Tag button.
5. It should generate a Unique Tag ID. To view your tracking tag, just click item number one to install the base code and scroll down. This contains instructions on how to install your Pinterest Tag, and this gray area is your Pinterest Tracking Tag.
The tag consists of codes containing your unique tag ID that we have seen earlier.
There are a couple of instructions here on how to install the tracking code on your website and that goes for another tutorial. Please be advised that Pinterest just recently updated their codes to match the event code and this tutorial is the most updated version.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.