Your WordPress site can have multiple administrators, editors, authors, and contributors, so you don’t have to manage your site on your own. It also keeps your account secure by giving you a way to allow others to edit/manage your site without using your login.
Before choosing the appropriate role for users, ask yourself about these key points: Will you let users manage your WordPress dashboard? Do you trust them to organize your site’s content? Should you review their posts before publishing? Are they capable enough to edit and publish other users’ posts?
Now let’s walk you through on how to grant a user access to your WordPress site.
Grant User Access to your WordPress Site
1. Access the admin dashboard of your WordPress site.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Users section on the left and select Add New on the options.
3. Create a username for the new user and type in the email address of the user.
4. You can view the password that was automatically generated and make sure to tick the Send User Notification checkbox.
5. Assign the role of your new user. So here is a breakdown of the permissions for every user role in more detail:
Be cautious when appointing another user as a new administrator. Once assigned, they get full access to your admin panel. They can even edit or delete your account.
6. After you assigned the role, click the Add New User button.
You should see the new user added on the Users section.
Since the notification is checked, this is the email address that your user will receive. It contains a link to reset the password and a link to login to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Once he clicks the reset password link, he will be asked to create a new password for him and he can now access your WordPress Site dashboard.
So that ladies and gents are the steps on how to Grant User Access to your WordPress Site.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.