In some instances, we may run out of supply and restocking an inventory may take a long while. There are also instances that our supplier just stopped supplying the items that we sell and sometimes we can’t deny that there are really items that are seasonal.
The products that we sell on our Shopify website can be changed from time to time. Using the Shopify platform, you can hide your product and make it unavailable on your online store and on any other platform. If you still have doubts about deleting the product, you can always make the product unavailable for your customers and just resume it on a later date. Now let us walk you through how to hide your product from your store.
Hide a Product
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Login to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Click the Products section on the left side to access all the products that you have listed.
3. Just Click on the Product Name to access the product information page.
4. Once you’re in and you have confirmed that this is the product you need to hide, then click the Manage link located on the upper right side of the page.
5. A Manage Product Availability page will pop-up. The checked items are the channel and apps on where your product is posted. What you need to do is to uncheck all or the channel and apps on where you want your product to be hidden.
6. Once you’re all set, click the Done button at the bottom-right to confirm the changes.
7. You will be back to the product information page. Click the Save button to confirm the changes.
You should see a callout at the bottom saying that the product was successfully saved.
You can also see the product availability is now changed to 0 of 0 channels and apps. This confirms that the product is already hidden.
3. Look for the products that you wanted to hide and select it by Putting a Check on it.
4. Click the Actions Drop-down and select Make Products Unavailable on the menu.
5. A Manage Product Availability page will pop-up. The checked items are the channel and apps on where you will be hiding it. What you need to do is to check all or the channel and apps on where you want your product to be hidden.
6. Once you’re all set, click the Make Products Unavailable button at the bottom-right to confirm the changes.
A callout saying that Hid 2 Products will appear at the bottom.
This confirms that these 2 products are already hidden on the channel and apps that you have checked earlier.
So that’s it! That is how you hide a product on Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.