How to Add Variants to your Product on Shopify
By Andrew Maff, on March 7th, 2019 ,
Selling multiple variants can be hard on other websites. Especially when they won’t offer tools for sellers. What is great about Shopify is that it is built for selling online and the tools on their website are easy to use and navigate.
You can either add variants in adding a product or add a variant to an existing product. You can create up to 100 variants for a product. Each product can have up to 3 options. The options can be different from product to product. For example, one product can use size, color, and style, and another product can use weight, finish, and material.
Add Variants on Your Product
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Login to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Click the Products section on the left side to access all the products that you have listed.
3. Since we already have an existing product, just Click on the Product Name to edit its contents. If you want to know how to add variants in adding a product we have a tutorial for that. The link is in the description.
4. Once you are in the Product Detail Page, scroll down and look for the Variants Section.
5. Click the Add Variant link on the right side for us to start adding variants for your product.
6. The Option Name is the type of variant that you wanted to offer. As you add the product options, a list of variants appears with the heading Modify the variants to be created. If it is not the type of variant that you wanted to offer, just change the Option name. You can add up to three variants in one product. For this example let’s add sizes and colors.
7. Uncheck the boxes next to any combination of options that you don’t sell. You can also add prices, SKUs, and barcodes for individual variants, or use the defaults based on the product details.
8. Please don’t forget to add the Inventory quantity to let Shopify track it.
9. Once you are done in adding a variant to your product, then click the Save Button at the bottom right or the at the top right of the page. It has the same function.
A callout will appear at the bottom saying that the Product was successfully saved. You can also view your product and notice that the variants are added on the product page.
So that’s it! That is how you add variants to your products on Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.