How to Claim your Shopify Store with Pinterest
Third-party services like Pinterest require you to verify your domain before you can use their services. This makes sure that you are the correct owner of your Shopify store before they provide their services to you.
You need to disable password protection for your online store first to be verified. If you aren’t ready to launch your store, you can disable password protection and then enable it again after verifying your domain. This solution works only if you are using a custom domain with your store. You must also set your root domain as your primary domain in your Shopify admin. Now let us walk you through on how to do it.
Confirm your Shopify Store with Pinterest
1. What you need to do first is to log in to your account at Pinterest. That’s http://www.pinterest.com. You can either log in using your email and password or using Facebook and Google.
2. Once you’re in, click the 3 Dots at the top right of the page to access the drop-down and select Settings.
3. Click the Claim section on the left side.
4. On the Claim your website field, type in your website and click the Claim button on the right. Please be advised that this will only work if you are using a custom domain with your store. You must also set your root domain as your primary domain in your Shopify admin. We have a tutorial on how to transfer a domain.
5. Select the Add HTML tag on the options and click the Next button.
6. Copy the tag that was generated and click Next. Then click the Submit button to submit the review.
7. Let’s go to Shopify and add the code. Login to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
8. Click the Online Store section on the Sales Channel.
9. On your Current Theme, click the Actions drop-down and select Edit Code.
10. Search for the Theme.Liquid layout and select it.
11. I understand that you are seeing things that you may not understand, don’t panic. All you need to search is the closing </head> tag or the second </head> tag.
12. Just on top of the closing </head> tag, paste the Pinterest claim tag. Then click the Save button on the upper-right. You should see an “Asset Saved” prompt at the bottom after.
When it is verified, you should see a check on the website when you go back on Pinterest.
You would also receive an email informing you that you have claimed the website on Pinterest.
When you click View Analytics on your Email, or when you view your analytics on Pinterest, you should see the activity from your website. So that’s it! That is how you Claim your Shopify Store with Pinterest.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.