How to Install WooCommerce to your WordPress Site
WooCommerce is the best way to turn your WordPress website into a fully functional e-commerce store. It’s a flexible, open-source eCommerce solution built on WordPress. Whether you’re launching a business, taking an existing brick and mortar store online, or designing sites for clients you can get started quickly and build exactly the store you want.
WooCommerce preserves many of the core functions to the standard WordPress experience but adds eCommerce capability, configuration, and customization. If you’ve used WordPress in the past, maybe to start blogging or showcase your business, WooCommerce will look and feel familiar.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin so it needs to be installed and activated just like any other plugins in order to function and we will walk you through on how to do it.
Install Woocommerce to WordPress
1. Access the admin dashboard of your WordPress site.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Plugins section on the left and select Add New on the options.
3. Search for the Woocommerce plugin by Automatic then click the Install Now button. It may take a white to show the Activate button but just click it once it appears.
4. The Woocommerce section should show up on the left after activating. Click it to access the plugin.
5. Click the Connect your store link. Then scroll down to the bottom and click the Connect button. If you’re not signed in, or if you haven’t had any Woocommerce account yet, then you will be asked to sign in or sign up.
6. On the next page, just click the Approve button to grant Woocommerce access to your WordPress.
7. Back on the Woocommerce plugin, just click the Install Woocommerce Admin. This is to access the full feature of the plugin.
8. You will be taken to the Plugin Section. Just click the Activate button.
After the Woocommerce Admin is activated, you will now have a dashboard added to your Woocommerce plugin. This is where you should see all the sales and performance of your store.
So this is how you install Woocommerce to your WordPress Site.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.