How to Install The HubSpot Tracking Code on a Shopify Site
There are still some who prefers using the Shopify website. You can't blame them, it is definitely easy to use and very user-friendly. Even after you have integrated your Shopify to your HubSpot, you need to install a tracking code to monitor how well your website is performing.
If you're not hosting your entire website on HubSpot, or have pages on your website that are not hosted on HubSpot, you'll need to install the HubSpot tracking code on your non-HubSpot pages in order to capture
The HubSpot tracking code helps you monitor how well your website is generating traffic and leads. You can also explore options in improving your website traffic. You will also gain sophisticated lead intelligence that enables you to turn more website leads into customers.
So let us walk you through on how to install this tracking code on Shopify.
Install The HubSpot Tracking Code
1. You need to login first to your HubSpot account to get the tracking code. Go to www.hubspot.com
2. On the HubSpot dashboard, click the Settings Cog located on the Top Right of the Page.
3. On the Settings page, click the Reports Section drop-down on the left and select Tracking Code.
4. On the Tracking code installation of the Tracking code tab, you should see the embed code. That is the code that you need to copy.
5. Now that you have the code, login to Shopify to install the code. That's www.shopify.com
6. On the Shopify admin page, Select the Online Store under Sales Channel on the left then click Themes.
7. On the Themes page, click on the Actions drop-down and select Edit Code.
8. Look for the theme.liquid on the search bar and select it on the results.
9. Look for the ending Body tag and paste the Tracking code just before the ending Body tag.
10. After you have pasted the Tracking Code, click the Save button located on the top right of the page.
When you visit the Integration page of HubSpot, you should see a green check on Shopify.
This means that the tracking code was successfully installed on a Shopify Website.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://sellerschoice.agency/blog/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.