If you’re just getting started with Klaviyo, you may still have subscribers in a previous email service provider like MailChimp. While Klaviyo will automatically sync contacts from your e-commerce integration, you may also have a newsletter list that you want to import. Any contacts that are synced through your e-commerce integration do not need to be manually imported.
Klaviyo allows you to manually import your contacts as a CSV. Whenever uploading a list, please ensure that all the contacts on it have opted-in to receive marketing emails. It also is important to note that your CSV must have a column labeled “Email” or “Email Address” in order to successfully upload contacts.
Now let’s walk you through on how to do this on Klaviyo.
Import Contacts using CSV
1. Login to your Klaviyo account at www.klaviyo.com.
2. Click the List & Segment section on the left side. This is where you should see all of the lists that you have created previously.
3. Click the Create List / Segment button on the top-right or select a list to get started.
4. Click the Manage List button on the top-right and select Import Contacts on the drop-down.
5. Drag and drop the CSV file that you have prepared. On the next tutorial, we will walk you through on how to prepare the CSV file for import on Klaviyo.
6. As you can see that the column names are listed on the left. Just uncheck the columns that you don’t wish to be included. Just click the Start Import button to go to the summary and click it again to commence the import process.
So there you have it. We have successfully added 3 additional contacts on a list. You should see the number of members is also updated on the Lists & Segment section. You can now use this list and its members for your future campaign.
So that’s how you import contacts using a CSV on Klaviyo.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.