Oberlo has helped thousands of sellers worldwide and has made a big impact on the dropshipping business. Oberlo is the leading marketplace for entrepreneurs to search and find products to sell online. The platform connects merchants with suppliers who ship products directly to consumers. This method, known as dropshipping, significantly lowers the barrier to entry for entrepreneurs.
Oberlo isn’t a full e-commerce platform, but rather an extension you can install on sites built on Shopify and other places. The goal with the tool is to quickly import products to dropship while sitting back and having Oberlo package and ship the products to your customers.
Now let us walk you through in one of the essential steps that you need to know in using Oberlo, importing products.
Import Products from Oberlo to Shopify
1. Since we have integrated Oberlo to Shopify, we will access Oberlo in Shopify. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Log in to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the Apps section on the left side and click Oberlo on the Apps list. If you haven’t integrated your Oberlo with Shopify yet, then we have a tutorial for that.
3. You will be taken to the Oberlo website. We need to search and choose a product first before we can import one. Click the Search Products on the left side under Manage Products.
4. Search for your desired product in the search field. For this example, I will be searching for an LED motion sensor garden light. It is always advisable to sort them by order count and look for the cheapest item with a high rating and imports. In dropshipping, you don’t need to be the exclusive seller, you just need to have a piece of the pie.
5. Once you have chosen your item, click the Add to Import List button. You can import as many products as you want.
6. After you have selected your product, click the Import List section under Manage Products.
7. On the Product Tab, it is up to you if you wanted to make the edits, you can always edit the product description after you import it. But for this example, I’ll just change the title, add a type and add a tag.
8. All the other tabs are not that important except for the Variations. On the variations tab, uncheck the variation that you don’t want to be imported on your Shopify Store.
9. Once you’re all set, click the Import to Store button.
10. Then click the Edit Product on Shopify button on the next page.
11. Here in Shopify, this is where you will prepare your product. I’ll just make this quick and if you want to know more in adding a product on Shopify you can also check the description for the tutorial.
What you need to make sure is to change the title and description, make sure that it is SEO rich, remove the unused images and add relevant images, adjust the pricing and relabel the variations, manage the product availability, add tags and indicate the collection.
12. After you have finalized your edits, click the Save button.
You now can view your product in your Store. And that ladies and gents are the steps on how to import products from Oberlo to Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.