How to Install a Pinterest Conversion Tracking Pixel on Shopify
Pinterest’s conversion tracking pixel lets e-commerce marketers track events that happen on their site as a result of a Promoted Pin click. It also lets us create audiences based on the actions people take on our site – regardless of how they get there. This is perfect for retargeting pinners with Promoted Pins!
Now let us walk you through on how to install this on Shopify.
Install a Pinterest Conversion Tracking on Shopify
1. Let us access the Shopify Admin first. Login to http://www.shopify.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the Online Store sales channel.
3. On the current theme, click the Actions drop-down and select Edit Code on the menu.
4. Look for the theme.liquid file on the right. You can also search it in the search field.
5. What we need to do is to search for the closing </head> tag. Once you found it, just put space above it because this is where we will be placing the Pinterest conversion tracking pixel.
6. The next thing that we need to do is to get the conversion pixel. If you haven’t created your Pinterest unique tag ID, we have a tutorial for that. The link is in the description.
Access your Pinterest Business account at ads.pinterest.com. Once you’re in, just click the Ads drop-down on the upper-left and select conversion on the menu. You should see the unique tag id.
7. Click the Install Base Code to expand the item and you should see the Pinterest Tag. We will be adding this code to the theme.liquid on your Shopify. Just click the Copy Code button.
8. Go back to Shopify and paste the code above the closing </head> tag.
9. After you pasted it, click the Save button.
Now that we have installed the base code, let us install the Checkout event code next.
10. Go back to Pinterest and click item number 2 to expand it.
11. Go to the Checkout portion and you should see a code associated to it. You can customize the data that Pinterest will be tracking on checkout. Click the See All Options to expand the selection and check the boxes that you wanted to include.
12. After you have selected the options, click the Copy Code button.
13. Go back to Shopify and click Settings located at the bottom left corner then select Checkout on the
14. Scroll down to the Order Processing section on the Additional Scripts portion. This is where you will be pasting the checkout event code that you have copied earlier.
15. Click the Save button that will show up on top after you have pasted the code.
It may take an hour for it to sync. After it will sync, you should see the reports on your Pinterest account.
So that’s it! That is how you install a Pinterest conversion tracking pixel on Shopify.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.