How to Install Tidio Chat on Your Shopify Website
Install Tidio Chat on your Shopify Website so you can easily connect with your site visitors.
The trouble with online shopping is that many customers are disconnected from someone who can answer their questions in real time with precision. Rather than watching potential customers click away from their e-commerce sites, many businesses have been adding live chat support. As it turns out, live chat has the ability to provide the convenient answers that customers want, while also adding significant benefits to the staff and bottom line of companies.
Tidio emulates the experience of physically walking into a store and having a rep ask you if you’d like any help. From that first point of contact, an entire sales conversation opens up where you can handle objections, recommend products and make the sale.
Let us go through the steps in installing Tidio Chat on your Shopify Website. The best way to do that is through the Shopify App Store.
To Install Tidio Chat on your Shopify Website
1. You need to sign-in to your account on Shopify, and on your Shopify admin, click the Apps section located on the left side.
2. On the Apps page, click the “Visit Shopify App Store” button
3. On the App Store, search for Tidio on the search field located on the upper right.
4. On the Tidio page on the app store, click the green “Get” button.
5. It will give you a prompt that you are about to install Tidio Chat. Just click the “Install App” button to start the installation.
Shopify will direct you to Tidio’s website.
Setup Tidio Chat
6. The first page of the setup wizard is to choose what you need or what is more important. Since this is for chatting, then let us select Live Chat and click the “Continue” button.
7. Configure your Live Chat. Pick a color and choose your avatar on the left side. The right side of the page is where you can see how the chats would look like. Once you are all set, click the “Continue” button.
8. The next page is the account information. Fill in your name, website address, country, and select your industry. After you have filled out everything, click the “Continue” button.
Then you are in! You already have setup Tidio Chat on your Shopify. When you visit the apps page, Tidio Chat is already in the installed apps.
On your Shopify Website on where the account is associated. You should see a “Chat With Us” tag at the bottom. If you don’t see this then you might have accessed the wrong website or probably this isn’t the account of where the Shopify was linked. Follow my steps and make sure that you didn’t miss anything.
Uninstall Tidio Chat
Tidio Chat is one of the best apps when it comes to Live Chat, but if you find something better then you can easily let go.
To Uninstall Tidio Chat:
1. On your Shopify Admin Page, click the “Apps” section located on the left side.
2. Click the “Trash” button inline with Tidio Chat.
3. Although it is optional, I recommend that you give them a feedback before you completely uninstall them. Then, click the red “Uninstall” button to completely uninstall it.
You will then receive a green callout indicating that Tidio Chat has been successfully uninstalled on your Shopify account.
So those are the basics that you need to know about installing your Tidio Chat on your Shopify Website.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.