How to Issue a Refund for your Customers on Amazon Seller Central
We can’t please everyone and sometimes this comes with a cost. There are times on where we need to make a hard decision and there are also times on where it can’t be helped. There are customers who really are right and there are some on who wants to just take advantage of you. Issuing a refund when you have a business is sometimes necessary.
As what Amazon said, “All Sellers must accept cancellations, returns, refunds, and adjustments in accordance with the policies and any terms, conditions, and policies that appear on the Seller’s Product Listing at the time of the applicable order.” So if you need to issue a refund for your customers and we will walk you through it.
Issue a Refund
1. To access the refund page of Amazon, you need to login to your Amazon Seller Central Account. That’s sellercentral.amazon.com.
2. On the Seller Central home page, hover your mouse to Order tab then select Manage Orders on the drop-down.
3. Look for the order that you wanted to give a refund on the seller fulfilled tabs. Once you have found your order, click the Refund Order button right next to it.
4. You should reach the Refund Order page. Select the reason for the refund.
5. You can either fill out the Amount to Refund fields if you want to issue a partial refund. You can also check the Refund full Amount to automatically fill the fields with the whole amount that the customer paid.
Though it is optional, you can indicate a note to your self and to the buyer as well.
6. Once you are all set, click the Submit a Refund button.
If you authorize a return request, you can wait until you receive the item back from the buyer before you issue a refund. If the buyer returns the item to you damaged, or in a condition that is different from the condition in which you sent it, you have the option to issue a partial refund. If you decide to issue a partial refund, we recommend explaining this to the buyer in advance to help avoid misunderstanding.
So there you have it. That is how you Issue a Refund for your customers on Amazon Seller Central.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://sellerschoice.agency/blog/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.