Let us walk you through in creating your first pop-up campaign on Privy. Read along or watch the video, either way, we’ll be able to create your first pop-up campaign in no time!
Have you noticed any pop-up on a website that asks you to sign-up or to avail their promotion? These are the lightbox pop-up and it is a web form that appears on top of the webpage that you are viewing. When it appears, the webpage is darkened in the background, so that the form stands out.
It removes all other distractions, so there is only one, clear call to action in view on the page. With a lightbox popup, the rest of the screen becomes darker and the user’s eye automatically goes to read your message and view the email signup form. This makes it perfectly clear what the user should do next.
Pop-ups are most commonly used for capturing email addresses. However, they can be used to display any call to action (such as, “Like us on Facebook” or “Use this coupon code at checkout”).
To Create a Pop-up Campaign on Privy:
You need to have an account on Privy first before you can use their service. It’s easy to sign up. Just use your google account if you have one.
1. Sign-in to your Privy account and on the dashboard, click the “New Campaign” button.
2. Name your Campaign. It can be anything you want, but I recommend that you put in something that you can easily recognize.
You will then be directed to the Pop-up creation wizard.
First Step: Form
This is where you can add the form fields that you want to collect from your visitors.
3. Just click the “Form Fields” and there are a couple of customization available. You can click the “Add a Field” and select the attributes that you wanted to add. You can also set the fields to be required or not.
It is up to you if you want to set some validations. You can either Limit one per email address, new contacts or set a supply limit. Just click the “Save Changes” Button to confirm the changes.
4. Click the “Next Step” button to proceed to the next.
Second Step: Design
This is where you can choose if it is for a pop-up or a banner, bar, embedded form or a landing page. So let us select the Pop-up since this tutorial is for a pop-up
5. There are a couple of templates that you can choose from. Just select the one that you prefer and click the “Choose Selected” button located at the top right.
You will be taken to a page on where you can edit the design of your pop-up
6. This is just a simple drag and drop. Click the Text to edit and click the “Save” Button on the top right to save the changes. If you forgot something, just click the Pop-up design to edit the pop-up design one more time.
7. You can also customize on when would the pop-up trigger.
8. The tab is where you can edit the little button to trigger the pop-up.
9. You can also edit your “Thank You” Page by clicking this last item
You can change the text, change the background, adjust the tab size, and even add confetti in the background.
10. Once you are all set, click the “Next Step” button to proceed to the next.
Third Step: Behavior
This is where you can add a coupon code, if you have one, schedule your campaign, or be notified once somebody has signed up for your campaign.
11. Click the item and just edit the selection. Once everything is set up, click the “Next Step” button to proceed to the next.
Fourth Step: Emails
This is where you can set up your autoresponder email.
12. Click the Autoresponder to access the email editor.
Edit your responder email. Change your business name, edit the text, the color, alignment and etc.
13. Once finished, click the “Save” button to confirm the changes.
If you want to add a new email template, just click the “Add Email” button.
14. Click the “Next Step” button to proceed to the next.
Final Step: Automation
This is where you will link your campaign to your e-commerce websites
15. Click the “New Rule” button and you will be directed to the Link account page.
16. Once you successfully linked the accounts, go back to the main dashboard and select the campaign.
17. Go to the Automation tab and click the “New Rule” button.
18. Select the account and the list, then click the “Save” button. It's up to you if you want to require a double opt-in.
19. Click the "Publish" button to launch the campaign.
You will then see the campaign is already active on the Main dashboard.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.