How to Prepare a CSV for Klaviyo using Google Sheets
Email marketing is a high-impact, low-cost way of delivering your marketing message to current customers and prospects, that is if you have a great email list. If your email list is short, scant on information, full or errors and redundancies, or just not on-track with your targeting, that poor-quality data can be worse than having no data at all!
Whether you’re at a trade show, community event or in your own storefront, collecting email addresses in person can be as easy as putting out a signup sheet and encouraging people to write down their details. There are a few different ways to import contacts to Klaviyo, but a file upload is the most common method.
Let us walk you through on how to prepare the CSV file for upload using Google Sheets.
Prepare a CSV for Klaviyo using Google Sheets
You are not limited in using Google Sheets in making a CSV file. You can also use other spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel or the Apache OpenOffice Calc. But since Google Sheets is easily accessible online, then we will be using this.
1. To access Google Sheets, you can go to sheets.google.com. Click the Blank spreadsheet to start a new one.
2. Rename your Spreadsheet. Just click the Untitled Spreadsheet title and change it.
Now that you have your blank spreadsheet ready, please be advised that the first row is always the column label.
3. Klaviyo requires that you need to have an email address or email label before you can import contacts to them. So this is where you will be placing your label. For this example, we will have an Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Company, Phone Number and Location as the labels for the columns.
You can make the first column bold and just adjust the column width accordingly.
4. Add the data for each column.
5. Once you have all your data ready, we need to export this to a CSV file. Click the File tab on the top right and hover your mouse to the Download as and select “Comma Separated Values or CSV current sheet". Please be advised that it will only save a CSV file of the current sheet. If you have multiple sheets then you need to do the same process again to the other sheets.
6. Choose the location on where you will be saving the file and click Save.
Now that you have your CSV file ready, you can now upload this to your Klaviyo.
Now we just added 3 additional contacts to our Klaviyo list.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.