A lucid, written and highlighted refund policy provides customers with the confidence, security, and trust that they would receive exactly what they ordered, and if they were not pleased with the product, they would be able to return it hassle-free. Companies need to focus on providing the best customer service possible and must remember that serving customers does not end once they have made a purchase.
But then again, we don’t limit ourselves with the refund policy that we have. There may be situations where we need to apply our humanity than let those rules decide for us. Most of the time, in this situation, we can just give in to provide good customer service for our customer. At the end of the day, they will still come back as a returning customer.
Process A Partial Refund
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Login to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
2. Once you’re in, click the Order section on the left side to access all the orders that were placed on your store.
3. Then Click on the Order on where you will be processing a refund.
4. On the orders page, first, you need to check the payment method that the customer used and if they had applied a discount on their purchase. Scroll down at the bottom and look for the payment method on the timeline. Please be advised that you can only process a refund to the original payment method that your customer used. Just ask your customer to contact their bank if they don’t have the payment method anymore.
5. Scroll back up and click the Refund Items link just below the order ID.
6. You can always fill out the item quantity if you wanted to do a full refund.
7. To refund just the shipping fee, then you can fill out the refund amount on the refund shipping field. Please notice that the refund amount will be automatically be updated.
8. You can always edit the Refund Amount on the summary anytime. Please be adviced that when you will be editing the refund amount on the refund shipping, it will also reset the refund amount on the summary.
9. Indicate the reason for the refund. The customer won’t be able to see this. This is just for your personal use.
10. Check the Notification box to notify your customer once you process this refund.
11. Once everything is all set, click the blue Refund button.
You should see the status of the order is now changed to Partially Refunded. You will also see the breakdown at the bottom. It is now changed to Partially Refunded from Paid. For this example, we already had processed a partial refund for the discount that wasn’t applied upon checkout.
So that’s it. You now know how to process a partial refund for your customers.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.