If you have plans on starting up your store on Shopify, you need to know how to prepare your page. One of the preparations that you need to do is to set up a Shopify Password Page. The password page is a landing page that adds password protection to your online store. You can create a password and give it to only the customers that you want to be able to visit your store.
Set Up Your Shopify Password Page
1. What you need to do first is to access the Shopify Admin. Log in to your Shopify account at http://www.shopify.com.
We need to enable the password protection for your page so you can prevent your customers from accessing the page.
2. Click the Online Store Sales Channel on the left side and click the Preferences section.
3. Scroll down and go to the Password Protection section. This is where you can turn on/off the password for your page. Just check the box that says Enable Password and add a message for your visitors then click the Save Button to save the changes.
After you have enabled the password protection, let us edit your Shopify password page.
4. Click on the Themes section under the Online Store Sales Channel and click the blue Customize button on the current theme. We are using the Debut theme. If you have a premium theme that doesn’t support a password page, then it may be a little different.
5. Click the Home Page drop-down located on the top left of the page and select the Password Page.
6. On most of the themes, you can edit 3 sections and these are the Header, Content, and Footer. Just click each section on the left to edit it.
- For the Header, this is where you can edit the Logo and the heading.
- Content is where you can edit the message that you want to tell your customer. This is also where you can edit your Newsletter placeholder and button text.
- The footer is where you can edit the Social Sharing buttons heading and by clicking the theme settings, you can show or hide the social media icons that will appear on the password page.
7. Once you are done editing your Password Page, just click the Save button located on the top right to finalize the changes.
You should be directed automatically to your password page once you visit your site. And that ladies and gents are the steps on how to set up your Shopify password page.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.