How to Share your Phone Number with Your Buyers on eBay
We all know that a lot of eBay sellers are getting sanctioned with suspensions for sharing contact information. But then we need to take every opportunity we can to ensure that our customers can communicate with us when they need to and telephone support is one of the ways to offer great customer service.
If you’re a seller, you can opt in to make your phone number available to buyers so they can contact you by phone before and/or after they’ve bought from you. Your telephone number will be given to your buyers who click the ‘Ask the Seller a Question” link. You will have an option to show your phone number after or before purchase.
Now let’s walk you through on how to enable this feature on eBay.
Share your Phone Number with Your Buyers
1. What you need to do first is to log into your eBay Sellerhub account at www.ebay.com/sellerhub.
2. Once you’re in, click My eBay located at the top-right of the page.
3. On My eBay summary, click the Account tab.
4. Under Selling, click Manage Communications With Buyers.
On this page, you should see the emails that your buyers or customers will receive.
5. Scroll down and click the Edit link of What Your Buyers Can Do.
6. This is where you can manage your Question and Answers for your buyers.
- You can include a message at checkout when they pay
- You can also enable your buyers to send you messages on eBay while they’re shopping.
- Tick the Share Your Phone Number and add your Phone number on the field. When you enable this, your phone number will be shown when the buyer clicks the “Ask the Seller a Question”.
- Choose also when you want this to be available. You can do it after purchase or before and after purchase.
- You can also review the FAQs for your Q&A page when the buyer click “Ask The Seller a Question”
7. Once you’re all set, Scroll down to the bottom and click the Submit button.
You should see a little callout informing you that your changes have been saved. You now can communicate with your buyer easily and increase your chances of closing a sale.
So that is how you can share your phone number with your buyers on eBay.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.