When you tag products on your posts on Instagram, it gives your business an immersive storefront for people to explore your best products with a single tap. You can tag up to five products per image or up to twenty products per carousel, add filters or captions and you're done. You can also save drafts or preview your posts and this is how the post looks like.
If you tag products on your posts, you give people access to pricing and product details both within the Instagram feed and through the Shop button on your business profile. By tapping on a post, people can take the next step to learn more about products that inspire them from the brands they love. This is definitely a good way to showcase your products with your post in your Instagram Shop.
But before anything else, you need to have a business account before you can activate the shopping feature and tag an item. See our previous blog post in setting up your Instagram Shop to know how to have a business account.
Note! This feature is currently available to approved businesses in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Brazil. So this feature won’t show up if your not in the said country and if your business is not registered.
You need to activate the shopping feature before you can tag an item.
To activate the Shopping Feature:
1. You can do that by going to your profile
2. Then tap the setting button that looks like a cog
3. Scroll down to Business Settings and tap "shopping", then tap "continue"
4. Select a product catalogue to connect to your business profile
5. Then tap "Done"
Now, if you don’t see Shopping under Business Settings, your account is probably still under review or it hasn’t been approved for shopping on Instagram. Usually, the review process takes a few days, but sometimes Instagram may need to review the account in more detail, which can take longer.
Once you’ve activated the shopping feature, then you can start tagging.
To Tag Products in your post:
1. Tap the "+" icon at the bottom to add a new photo.
2. Select a photo and add a caption, effects and filters, then tap "Next".
3. Tap "Tag Products" then select the products in the photo that you want to tag.
4. Enter the names of the products you want to tag, then select them as they appear in the search box
5. Tap "Done" then Tap "Share"
To Tag products in your previous post:
1. Go to your profile and select the photo on where you want to tag your products
2. Tap the "3 dot" to reveal the options and click "Edit"
3. Tap the Tag icon in the photo and select Tag Products
4. Tap the appropriate product in your photo and select the item in your catalogue
5. Then Tap "Done" twice.
To make changes to tagged products:
1. Go to your profile and select the photo on where you want to make the changes.
2. Tap the "3 dot" to reveal the options and click Edit.
3. Tap the tagged product and select "X" to remove it.
4. Then tap the appropriate product in your photo and select the item in your catalogue
5. Then Tap "Done" twice.
You can tag products in both new and existing posts from your Instagram business profile. You can tag up to 5 products per single-image post or 20 products per multi-image post.
Product information in the tags and product details page will display the currency and language of your catalog to a global audience. We recommend using Insights on your Business Profile to understand your audience and use the catalog containing the most relevant currency and language for your audience.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.