How to Migrate a Email Template From MailChimp to Klaviyo
Sometimes there is really a need to switch from one company to the other. Contacts nowadays can easily be synced from iPhone to Android so as your email templates from MailChimp to Klaviyo.
If you have spent hours of time designing email templates in MailChimp, recreating them all in Klaviyo may seem daunting. Luckily, it is possible to export your email templates from MailChimp and import them into Klaviyo.
One thing to note about this process, however, is that you will be working with the raw HTML of the template. Again, don’t be scared when you see those codes because this is just going to be easy. Let me walk you through on how to do it.
Export Your Email Template from MailChimp
The first thing that we need to do is to export your MailChimp template.
1. Login to your MailChimp account.
2. On your MailChimp dashboard, click the “Templates” tab on the upper left.
3. On the Template tab, put a check on the left side of the template that you want to export. Inline with it to the right, click the arrow-down for the drop-down and select “Export as HTML”
4. On the prompt, just click the “Export Template” button to confirm
Swap The Unsubscribe Tags
Before you import your template into Klaviyo, you will have to add a Klaviyo unsubscribe tag. Klaviyo does not allow you to upload HTML templates that don’t have unsubscribe tags unless they’re for transactional emails.
Now, Klaviyo has a different “Unsubscribe” Tag from MailChimp.
So we need to search for the MailChimp Unsubscribe tag on the raw HTML file and replace it with a Klaviyo Unsubscribe Tag.
5. We need to Locate the template file and Open it on a Text Editor. If you have Windows, you can use WordPad and for Mac’s, you can use Sublime
6. Once you have it opened Search for the MailChimp Unsubscribe Tag
It’s typically at the bottom part of this HTML file. I typically do CTRL+F to do the searching. (Show COMMAND+F for Mac)
7. Once you have located it, replace the MailChimp Unsubscribe tag with the Klaviyo Unsubscribe Tag.
8. Once you’ve swapped out the tags, Save and Close your HTML file.
Upload Template on Klaviyo
9. On your Klaviyo Main dashboard, Click the “Template” Section on the Left Side.
10. On the Template Section, click the “Create Template” Button located on the Top Right
11. Click the Import Tab, Name your Template and click the “Browse” button.
12. Look for the HTML template and Click the “Import Template” button below.
Then it will take you back to the email templates page on where you can see all of your templates. As you can see that we have the imported template from MailChimp. So from now on, You can already use this template for your future email campaigns in Klaviyo.
And that ladies and gentleman are the steps on how to Migrate Email Template from MailChimp to Klaviyo.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.