You now have the ability to add videos showcasing your products on Amazon and this would be a huge advantage to your competitors. Online shoppers prefer products with videos on their product listings and a product that have them are sure to have a better chance of converting compared to those without.
Amazon invited a couple of sellers last 2017 to test this feature and now, the product video feature has since been rolled out to more brand registered sellers. Please be advised that this feature is only available for registered brand sellers. There are a couple of changes in adding videos to your Amazon listing and this tutorial is the latest one.
Upload a Video to Your Amazon Listing (2019)
1. You start by logging in to your account at sellercentral.amazon.com. Fill in your email address and password and click sign in.
2. Once you’re in, hover your mouse to the Inventory Tab and select Upload & Manage Videos on the drop-down.
3. On the Manage Video page, this is where you should see all the list of the videos that you have uploaded. Just click the Upload Video button to start uploading.
4. Upload your video. You can either drag and drop your video or click the Upload video and select the video file. Amazon only accepts .mp4 and .mov formats. It also needs to be under 500mb with a resolution of at least 480p or higher.
Uploading speed may depend on your internet speed and the size of your file. You will notice that the uploading is finished when you can already play your video.
You can also change or remove the video by just clicking the links on top of the video.
5. Indicate the title of your video.
6. Enter the ASIN’s that are related to this video. You can enter up to 300 ASIN’s.
7. Upload your video thumbnail. The file for your thumbnail must be .jpg, .png, .gif, or .bmp and it needs to be under 5mb at 640px wide minimum. The recommended aspect ratio is 1280×720 at 16:9.
8. Once you’re all set, click the Submit button.
Now that you’re video is submitted, Amazon will review it to make sure that it complies with their content policy. It may take 24hrs for the video to be approved. The status of the video while waiting for approval would be processing or “in review”.
Once the video is approved, the status will change to Live and it may take 2 days to appear on the related product detail pages. You need to make sure that you limit your images in the top carousel to 6, or else, your video won’t appear.
And this is how your video would look like in the product detail page.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.