How to Use The Product Classifier Tool in Amazon Seller Central
Choosing the right Product Category and the best Browsing Tree directly affects any keywords for which you are attempting to rank as they work hand in hand. You may even be gaining momentum on your Sponsored Ads. But if you’re if you’ve ventured into the wrong Category, you could be throwing your money away and limiting your product exposure. This intricate web of variables ultimately impacts your Amazon sales in your favor when done correctly.
If you previously used the Browse Tree Guide when listing your product, those files are still available. However, Amazon already recommends that you now transition to the Amazon Product Classifier, because it includes the most current and accurate information on the Amazon website structure. Consumers have always been able to also shop by department. Once a department is clicked, the screen shows all the main Categories.
Use The Product Classifier Tool
1. To access the product classifier tool, you need to login first to your Amazon Seller Central Account. That’s sellercentral.amazon.com.
2. Once you are in, hover your mouse to Inventory tab then select Add Products Via Upload on the drop-down.
3. You should reach the Add Products Via Upload Page. Just make sure that you are in the Download an Inventory File Tab.
Under step 1, you should see the Product Classifier. We all know that we use this all the time in downloading an inventory file template. But I just want to let you know that there is also one use that makes this tool very useful and this is placing your product in the right category.
This product classifier is for finding the right Item Type Keyword that is needed on your inventory template and for choosing the right Department.
4. When you use the product classifier tool, you just select the category and it narrows down on each column. Once you have found the right match you just need to click the Select button and the selected product will appear in the bottom.
The typical way of going through step one is using the search tool. But I just want to let you know that it will give you a limited result and it will default to the nearest match but there is no harm in trying it because sometimes it gives you the right match.
5. Right below, you should see the field name and the valid values column. The field name is what it is labeled in the inventory template and the valid values are the accepted values for that certain field. So just copy and paste the valid values on its designated field in your inventory template.
Just do the same process for all of your other products with different product types.
Once you’re done, you can already save the file as a text tab delimited and upload this on Add Products Via Upload. If you want to know more on how to upload an inventory template, we have a tutorial for that.
So there you have it. That is How to Use The Product Classifier Tool in Amazon Seller Central.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://blog.sellerschoice.digital/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.