How to Use the Inventory Loader On Amazon Seller Central
When we list something on Amazon, we always find ways to speed up things especially when we have a lot of products to add. If what you are adding is not a unique product and you have seen somebody sold it, you can actually just add it using an existing listing but with your own personalized price and shipping settings. What’s cool about this is that you can add them all in bulk.
The Inventory Loader is a template you can use to add your listings to products already on Amazon. You don’t have to fill in all of the product information you would normally need for a new product detail page. The Inventory Loader is recommended for basic product matching and making updates. It can also upload thousands of listings in a single file for matching existing product pages on Amazon.
Now you understand why this is a time saver. Let us walk you through on how to use this.
To Use the Inventory Loader
1. What we need to do first is to download the Inventory Loader. Login first to your Amazon Seller Central Account. That’s sellercentral.amazon.com.
2. On the Seller Central home page, hover your mouse to Inventory tab then select Add a Product via Upload on the drop-down.
3. Make sure that you are in the Download an Inventory File tab. Scroll down to the bottom and expand the Inventory Files.
4. In-line with the row that says Product Matching Only, you will see the Inventory Loader link. Click the link and it will take you to the Inventory Loader page.
5. You should see the Download Inventory Loader Template link. Click that link and it will automatically download the Inventory Loader.
The Latest Inventory Loader should only have 3 tabs. The Instruction tab is the first thing that comes up when you open the file. This is where you can find some information on how to use this template. The Data Definition tab is where you will find the definition and the acceptable value of each tab on the Inventory Loader template. The Inventory Loader Template tab is where you will be creating your inventory file.
In the Inventory Loader Template tab, there are 3 header colors. These are Yellow, Orange and White. The column headers in yellow are required, the column headers in orange are desired, and the column headers in white are optional.
6. The first and only yellow required tab of this inventory loader is the SKU. Just fill in the SKU of your product.
7. For the Product ID, just grab it on the Amazon listing. You can either get the Product ID on the link or you can scroll down and you should see it at the bottom in which you can also see the Product ID type as well.
8. Since our Product ID type is an ASIN, let us check on the Data definitions tab of ASIN’s corresponding number. Just select the number accordingly depending on what type of Product ID you have.
9. Set the Price of your product. Also, indicate the Minimum and Maximum price rage for your item.
10. Select the item condition. You can always check the Data definitions tab to know the corresponding number for the item condition that you have. For this example, this is brand new so this needs to be number 11.
11. Since we will be adding this item, we will be selecting A for add/delete tab.
12. Indicate if you want to ship your item internationally or not.
13. Indicate the type of expedited shipping that you wanted to offer to your customers and if you also wanted to offer a standard plus shipping.
14. Item note is for just any notes for your customer if your item is not brand new. For this example, since my item is new, then let’s leave it blank.
15. Though this is optional, let us just include the first 3 white headered tabs. Fulfilment Center ID is if your item is an FBA. Leave it blank if it is not.
16. The product tax code is if you want to impose a tax for your product. If you don’t then you can select the only option there.
17. Handling time is the date that the order was placed and the date you ship out the item. The default is 2 days but you can always indicate your own.
18. So once you have filled out all of the tabs, save your file as a Text Tab Delimited.
Once you’re done, you can already upload this using the Add Products via Upload on Amazon Seller Central. If you want to add a file with your own brand you need to use the Inventory File Template and we have a tutorial on how to use it.
And that Ladies and Gents are the steps on how to use the Inventory Loader on Amazon Seller Central.
Want us to walk you through it? Watch the video here!
Do You Want To Expand Your E-commerce Business?
If you want to expand your e-commerce business on different platforms, check out our other E-commerce Tutorials.
Just to let you know, we have a couple of experts who have excelled in E-commerce and are willing to share their knowledge. You can out check their blogs at https://sellerschoice.agency/blog/
If you want to hear them live, just sign up for our webinar.